Monday, March 22, 2010

Breaking My Back Just to Know Your Name


Name that lyric in the title above. No really, do it. Leave a comment. I just might have a little prize for someone who actually does! I'm curious to see how many people actually listen to the lyrics of the songs they hear. Of course, you could always cheat and google it, but that doesn't bother me. I still want to see who knows it, so if you do, write the next line of the song in the comment box. Even if I don't know you, you're welcome to comment.

I find lyrics curiously intriguing. There is just something sensational about that whole you-had-a-boyfriend-that-looked-like-a-girlfriend-that-I-had-in-February-of-last-year turn of phrase that really just catches my attention, if ya know what I mean. And then I inevitably begin wondering what was meant by the words chosen, or if it was just a convenient string of words to sing. Perils of being an English major, I suppose: I'm always looking for the less obvious meaning.

All that aside, I am now designating Monday as Name that Lyric Monday. Because everyone needs a little extra pick-me-up on a Monday, even if you don't hate the day...I've never found them particularly awful, but I know a lot of people do, so here's something to ease into the week with.

And because a post is ALWAYS better with a picture, I'll leave you with a couple sweet mommy-daughter shots. I hope age greets me as wonderfully as it did my grandma.


Doesn't my cousin look like she could be my sister?


Happy Monday bloggers.

1 comment:

  1. Cindee, you will be pleased to know that I didn't have to google it, or ask anybody... I did have to think about it for a minute though (which is pathetic sense I went to their concert). The song is "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers and unfortunately Brandon Flowers IS still married but, then again I guess I am too... ANYWAY, I will look forward to lyric Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete